Thursday, March 15, 2012

Bang Bang.


Who knew you had to get a FOID (Firearm Owner's Identification) card just to shoot around at a range (#8 on the list)?  Not me.  Well, it's a good thing I'm researching this now because it'll take at least 30 days to get one of these.  If you're also pining for a go at the shooting range, click here.  If you happen to know someone who has one of these things and is willing to take you shooting, then you don't need it.  At least in Illinois.  
I figure I need a bit of background and training before I start shooting off a gun, so my plan is to go to Midwest Guns in Lyons and take their 'Intro to Firearms' course.  FYI-My boyfriend tells me this is unnecessary, but I am nothing if not thorough.  
By the way, that photo is all sorts of confusing, but if the little girl in a pink peace sign jacket can shoot a machine gun, then I can certainly handle a little hand gun.

1 comment:

Animal said...

that little girl is a beast.
get some! yeah! get some!!!!