Friday, June 20, 2008

More Horchow...the fun continues!

I'm a big fan of silver leafing...always have been. I made this fantastic art piece out of the stuff and a huge plywood sheet while in school at Parsons in NYC. When it couldn't fit in the rented van for my cross country trek to Los Angeles, I was devastated! Which brings me to this fabulous 'Entertainment Cabinet' in Horchow, which is about a million times cooler than anything I could ever create. It's not just the silver leafing, but the well proportioned "feet", the square draw pulls and the overall mega glamour of the piece. This piece can totally stand alone in all it's glam glory or it can play the supporting role beneath a sexy Robert Motherwell abstract. And stick a little succulent on there in a cobalt blue planter while you're at it!

No comments: