Friday, June 27, 2008

Doggie Style.


Okay. That title was borderline inappropriate, but I had to grab your attention. The Animal Rescue League in Washington, D.C. is my new hero. I've posted previously about my involvement with animal rescue, and it's really wonderful to know that animals are being considered when it comes to design. I'm not talking about cute little beds or fancy bowls, my dog has both of course, I'm talking about how shelters house their temporary occupants.


Some of the amenities included at WARL include: tempered glass dutch doors on kennels instead of metal bars, glass block walls instead of cinderblock to let in more light, elevated beds-this is extremely important as dogs tend to knock over their water bowls or relieve themselves to close to their bedding, and radiant heat floors!


So check out their site and show your support. I dedicate this post to my foster Avery, whom I've been fostering for six months. She's a survivor that deserved a second chance (her name means courageous) and so do all animals in shelters the world over.
Please consider adopting and start your search at PetFinder.com

No comments: