Friday, September 28, 2007

The Glamorous Life of a Neophyte Business Owner


I picked up two piles of poop in my "office" this morning. I'm standing over my worktable, starting intently at the 100+ fabric samples in front of me attempting to pick a group of five or so to present to my client when my nose catches the offensive wiff. My friend's four month old puppy, that I enthusiastically agreed to watch this weekend, has unloaded about thirty minutes after I took her out. I grab the paper towels and the carpet cleaner and go to work. A minute later I'm back to my real work, where, after a few minutes of inner dialogue about whether or not this red is too intense for outdoor cushions, I look to my left and see another pile. This time my foster puppy Delilah has made her mark, probably trying to one up the guest.


To say that I am motivated to get more clients, to make more money, to get an office away from all this is the understatement of the year. Then again, nothing beats drafting in your pajamas.


No comments: