Friday, July 15, 2011

chalkboard fun for adults.

This isn't the most original concept in the world, but I've been wanting a chalkboard wall for a long time now, and I finally did it!  My plan is to have guests leave notes when they come over, as well as putting up funny quotes that are said in the house.  You'll note that the hook the chalk is hanging on says "Budlong Pickle Co", and it's from Chicago-fun fact.  If you're wondering about that smart looking red/white striped string around the chalk, I took it off a paper wrapped sandwich in Brooklyn, but you can actually buy it at Paper Source.


You may have noticed the ugly oak trim-rest assured I am working on painting it white.  Our house was built in 1910 and the trim is original, but it's not in great shape, and it just doesn't play nicely with the killer grey wall color.  I'll post more photos once we've had a few folks fill up the wall and the trim is painted!









1 comment:

Fleur said...

I love your chalk board idea! I only every see chalk boards in restaurants and pubs, so nice to see it coming into the home. I think the bigger the board the better, like yours is a great size. I have an office with one blank wall. I may think I know just the thing to put on it now that can help with my thoughts and ideas! I can see why people find it too irresistable to write on it.